Social Shortcuts Personal Coaching
Social Shortcuts coaching is done in a unique process, it is split into different sections so that one area can be focused on until it becomes a habit to you and you don’t need to think about it anymore. The order is similar for everyone but there are often minor adjustments to tailor it to the individual. We have found this method benefits the lives and social prowess of our students in the fastest and healthiest way. The recommended order to progress through the sections is initially identified on the trial session, then it usually follows a similar pattern but we will be constantly tailoring the coaching and communicating with you to give you the most benefit possible. You may be recommended to go through a variety of coaches and sections throughout your learning process, while doing the coaching we also offer the service of texting your current coach to ask them about any questions you may have outside of session time. We have coached over a thousand students so far who have made massive improvements.
The coaching is generally done with a mix of theory (learning social dynamics in a one to one classroom type setting, quick thinking exercises (to sharpen the use of the newly learned skills in a controlled environment, promoting fast, adaptable thinking under pressure, similar to improvisation but specific to the area you’re working on) and practical (socialising with people in real time while the coach helps you and/or gives you feedback, meanwhile making connections with new people for real). This is so that you can learn new skills, techniques and perspectives very thoroughly and then practice them in real life with a targeted challenge, for example the challenge for humour is usually to make people laugh a cumulative total of 200 times. Different sections may require more of one than the other, as you will see in the list of sections. Purely practical is an option and so is purely theory, we will recommend you the best way through the sections to benefit you most but you are welcome to choose the section and level of practical or theory yourself if you feel it will suit you better.
The sections encompass all of the biggest areas of social dynamics and will equip you with the information, skills and state of mind necessary to greatly enhance your social life in terms of work politics, dating, making friends or any other area where communication plays a key part. Social dynamics is a huge aspect of life that is often overlooked. The point of Social Shortcuts is to help people in these areas.
The coaches all have several years of experience in helping our students, with backgrounds in psychology and self-help. But mainly they were chosen by the head coach to work with Social Shortcuts because they are charismatic, social butterflies with the ability to understand people easily, and a drive to help people, allowing them to benefit the social lives and social skills of our students in a fast, effective and healthy manner. The head coach Ryan has over 7 years of full time experience in helping people in these areas, and invented the whole process and syllabus by which to teach through years of research and experimentation. Our process for coaching and helping people to learn fast and effectively is constantly being updated, added to and streamlined.
The coaching is currently done in person in London, or through Skype for those living further afield. The coaching is usually done weekly as opposed to a whole weekend or week of coaching all in one go. We have found this to benefit our students more for the following reasons:
- This allows you to build a strong relationship with your coach over a period of time as a friend, which also allows them to know how to tailor the coaching to suit you personally. This information will be passed on to the next coach if you are recommended to go with someone else who is more suited to coaching a new area for you to work on.
- You will improve more over time and be able to learn new habits, skills and perspectives more thoroughly than if you were to have the coaching all in one short period. A boot camp or week long style format of coaching usually sees students revert back to previous bad habits in the future after what was essentially just a motivational small block of time. It takes a long time to change lifelong habits and your state of mind and this is what you will get from sustained weekly coaching especially with the added aid of homework targeted to help you in specific areas which you will be receiving and prompted to do outside of session time.
- Weekly coaching avoids the need to spend a lot on coaching in one go, this is better for your finances and also allows you to stop at any time, so if you are unsure but interested about the coaching after the trial session you can experiment with a few hours to see what else is in store with little risk on your part and then make a more informed decision about how to continue.
The sections that are covered by the Social Shortcuts syllabus are:
- Dealing With Social Anxiety (Increasing confidence in social situations and helping you to meet more people).
- Conversation Dynamics (Including how to never run out of things to say, how to start a conversation, how to build rapport and more).
- Humour (How to be really funny, however this section is also really good for developing quick thinking).
- Body Language (How to read and transmit body language).
- Dating And Flirting (Including helping you to have a better and/or more active dating life).
- Social Life Planning, Life Coaching, Relationship Coaching (Help you to plan a socially active, happy and successful future).
- How To Have A Great Social Circle (Or how to make a good impression and have a good experience as a newcomer to a social circle whether it be work, education or a club).
- Texting And Social Media (Any kind of communication not done in person, including messaging someone you are interested in or dating).
- Meeting People And Expanding Your Social Life (This includes meeting people in real time and getting out during the day or at night, our coaches will help you interact! Practical only with feedback).
- Secret Advanced Sections (You are not ready for this)
The trial session will officially be 1 hour but often it runs for 1 and a half hours. You will meet one of our coaches in central London or you can talk on Skype if you are unable to meet there. In the trial session we will try as hard as possible to help you during the allotted time, as well as identify the best way to work with you in the future if you decide to continue with sessions. No ego is involved we are simply sharing information with you which over years has been constructed in a way to help you as fast as possible and in a healthy way.
The aims of the trial session are:
- To get to know each other as friends (this is important if we are going to work on social skills).
- For us to see how to start working with you if you decide to go ahead with paid sessions so they are as much benefit to you as possible.
- For you to experience a taster of the coaching so that you can see if you want to continue.
If after the trial session you decide you like the coaching and want to go ahead with paid coaching sessions and you book a block of hours these can be spread out however you want them too, for example if you book 6 hours you could do 6 in one go or do one hour per week for 6 weeks. We will recommend what we think will suit you best.
The prices are as follows:
Free 1-1.5 Hour Trial Session – £0
3 hours – £75 (25ph)
6 hours – £120 (20ph)
12 hours – £210 (17.50ph)
If you want to do training exclusively with the head coach, inventor of the Social Shortcuts coaching process with over 6 years of full time experience in communication skills coaching the rate is higher, please discuss this on the trial session when we meet in person if you want to explore this option.
To book a trial session, buy hours or simply ask questions about the coaching or anything to do with Social Shortcuts, the best way to contact us is to book a free trial on the home page, email us at email@example.com or message or call the head coach Ryan on +447761803227.